Wednesday 14 December 2011

there's nothing in the world like our friends


I didn't have to move to London to know the good friends I have. I must be one of the luckiest people in the world. I now have new friends in London, and these are amazing people (yes, you are!), with such different motivations, ambitious dreams, future plans and projects which may be different from mine, but which I believe they will succeed in. I am very proud of calling you "friends". Thanks for everything: the friendship, the jokes, the well-spent time, the fun, the "baygar" and "Matrix Calculator" moments - it wouldn't have been the same without you. You are my family here.

However, I am also so grateful for my long-time friends. They actually sent me a parcel for my birthday and I don't really know what happened, but it only arrived to London on Friday. As there was nobody home, I had to pick it up at the deposit which is not really by the corner and always (except for today) closes at 4.30 p.m. So, I could only pick it up today. It was totally worth the waiting.:) It is not really the presents that make the difference (although I loved everything), but the simple fact that my friends make me feel loved and  let me know, at every moment of the way, they love me. And that is good enough for me, more than I could have asked for. 

Thanks guys (new and old friends)! Love you all THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

I'll leave you with the photos of the surprise package!



Não tive de me mudar para Londres para descobrir que os meus amigos são fantásticos. Devo ser uma das pessoas mais felizardas do mundo. Agora também tenho os meus amigos de Londres, e estes são pessoas fantásticas (sim, são!),  com as suas motivações tão distintas, sonhos ambiciosos, planos e projectos de futuro que, apesar de serem tão diferentes dos meus, acredito que vão concretizar com sucesso. Tenho muito orgulho de os chamar de "amigos". Obrigada por tudo: a amizade, as anedotas do P., os momentos bem passados, todo o divertimento e os momentos "baygar" e "calculadora Matrix" - nada disso seria igual se tivesse sido passado sem vocês. Vocês são a minha família cá.

No entanto, também sou muito grata pelos meus amigos de longa data. Na verdade, eles enviaram-me uma encomenda pelo meu aniversário que só chegou cá na sexta-feira (ainda ninguém entendeu porquê). Como não estava ninguém em casa, tive de ir levantá-la ao depósito do correio, que não fica propriamente ao virar da esquina e que fecha sempre às 4.30 (à excepção de hoje). Por isso, só consegui tratar disso hoje. Valeu totalmente a espera.:) Não são realmente os presentes que fazem a diferença (embora eu tenha adorado todos), mas o simples facto de que os meus amigos me fazem sentir amada e me transmitem, de uma forma ou de outra, a cada passo do meu caminho, que me amam. E isso é suficientemente bom para mim, é mais do que eu poderia pedir.

Obrigada a todos os meus amigos (novos e antigos)! Adoro-vos IIIIIISTO TUUUUUUUUUUDOOOOO!

Ficam as fotografias da surpresa que me fizeram!:)











Beijinhos,

A Menina dos Óculos
The Bubbly Girl in Glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a bubbly comment!