Tuesday 29 November 2011

lomography

Hello BB!

Tomorrow's a big day (apparently)! It's going to be my birthday and although I should be happy, I have to confess that since I celebrated my 20th birthday, I tend to spend my birthdays kind of feeling depressed. I'm still child-like when it's opening-gifts time, time to blow the candles, to feel embraced by the warm hugs of my friends and have a huge slice of my birthday cake though. However, this year, I won't have my closest friends and family hugs and that's what I'll miss the most. Anyway, I am making an effort to be positive - hopefully tomorrow will be a good day and I will be all smiles and laughs, right? :)

Regarding yesterday preview post, my passion for lomography and photography in general started long ago, with my brother. He is a photography-lover and since I remember "us", he has always traveled a lot and would bring really cool pictures of his adventurous trips around Europe with his friends. These amazing photos would drag me into all those exciting places, making me dream and imagine all he had been through in Amsterdam, Rome or Berlin. When I got my iPhone I started buying all the available lomography/photography applications, and it didn't take much time till me and Mr. Bubbly decided to start a collection of Dianas, Lomos, Polaroids, Holgas, Fisheyes, La Sardinas, Super 8 and so on, so on, so on, since both of us are into photography... 

Regarding this model, our Diana F+ is a special Japanese edition camera, which is covered in a lovely white and beige cloth. That's why it looks kind of different from the plastic Diana we are all used to seeing at stores. This one was bought at Urban Outfitters, but I would say the best place to buy these sort of items would be at the Lomography Gallery Store (I usually go to the East London one, but there is another one at Newburgh Street). You can also buy these cameras online. The best website to buy new cameras is probably the official Lomography one.

And that's it! I will select some of our photos and share them with you in a future post, promise! Do you like lomography as well?

Changing topics, just have a look at the British Fashion Awards last night winners!:) You can check it on the following website. Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen won the most important award: British Fashion Designer of the Year. What do you think? Was it fair?


Just to finish, what is your opinion on the Marni's collaboration with H&M for the following spring collection? You can check all the info about it by reading this site. Personally, I am very happy with it. I love the brand, its unique and colourful patterns, its relaxed and effortless elegance, its baggy still chic dresses and tops, its amazing colour mixes.

Have a lovely day!




Olá BB!

Amanhã é, aparentemente, um dia importante para mim! É o meu aniversário, e embora eu devesse estar inequivocamente feliz por isso, a verdade é que desde o meu vigésimo aniversário que tenho passado os meus aniversários um tudo-nada deprimidinha. Porém, não deixo de continuar a parecer uma criancinha na hora de abrir os presentes, soprar as velas, receber os abraços calorosos dos amigos e comer uma fatia gigante do meu bolo de aniversário. Este ano, contudo, não vou ter os abraços dos meus amigos mais próximos e família, e vai ser disso que vou sentir mais falta. De qualquer forma, estou a tentar fazer um esforço por ser positiva e quem sabe amanhã não vai ser um dia fantástico?:) Vamos esperar que sim.:)

Bem, voltando ao meu "post-preview" de ontem, a minha paixão por fotografia no geral, e lomografia, começou há imenso tempo atrás, com o meu irmão. Ele é um amante da fotografia e desde que eu me lembro de existirmos, ele sempre viajou imenso com os amigos (pela Europa essencialmente) e trazia das viagens fotografias que me faziam delirar com as suas aventuras. As suas fotografias arrastavam-me prazerosamente para os locais que ele tinha visitado e faziam-me sonhar e imaginar tudo por que ele teria passado em Amesterdão, Roma ou  Berlim. Assim, quando comprei o meu iPhone, foi uma correria desenfreada para comprar todas as aplicações possíveis de lomografia/fotografia. Não tardou muito até que eu e o Mr. Bubbly tivéssemos decidido começar a nossa própria colecção de Dianas, Lomos, Helgas, Fisheyes, La Sardinas, Super 8 e por aí fora...

Este modelo em específico é uma Diana F+, um edição especial Japonesa do modelo, que está coberta num tecido bege e branco amoroso, daí que não se assemelhe muito às Dianas que sºao mais usuais nas lojas. Este modelo foi comprado na Urban Outfitters, mas penso que o melhor local para comprá-las é mesmo na Lomography Gallery Store (eu costumo ir à de East London, mas também há uma em Newburgh Street) - isto em Inglaterra, claro. O melhor site para comprá-las novas é mesmo o site oficial de Lomografia.


E é isso, basicamente. Prometo seleccionar algumas fotos das que temos com a máquina para partilhar convosco. Algum de vocês delira com lomografia?

Mudando drasticamente de tema, aconselho uma olhada nos vencedores dos British Fashion Awards. Espreitem este site. A vencedora do prémio British Fashion Designer of the Year foi Sarah Burton para Alexander McQueen. Acharam justo ou não?

E para terminar, ainda dentro das novidades da moda, que acham de ter sido a Marni a escolhida para fazer uma colaboração com a H&M na colecção da próxima Primavera? Podem saber tudo neste site. Pessoalmente, eu estou muito feliz com a opção, porque adoro os padrões únicos da marca, a forma brilhante como combina as cores, os cortes baggy dos vestidos e das túnicas, e o seu habitual estilo relaxado e "effortless" elegante. 

Aproveitem o resto do dia!

The Bubbly Girl in Glasses
A Menina dos Óculos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a bubbly comment!